5 Axis CNC Router
At Northern Plastics, our 5-axis CNC dual head router allows us to deliver parts to our customers at higher accuracies, shorter lead times and superior trim finishes.
- Faster lead times, thanks to quick setup and less manual production time.
- Advanced technology that utilizes three linear axes and two rotational axes, all engaging at the same time to cut even the most complex geometries.
- Superior Trim Finishes utilizing our dual head router which allows us to trim with more than 1 tool resulting in better part quality.
Northern Plastics’ 5-axis CNC router works with plastics, aluminum, composite, woods and other materials and cuts at a speed of 1500 inches per minute to tackle larger production runs quickly.
Industries & Projects Leveraging 5-Axis CNC
There are many industries taking advantage of our 5-axis router’s complex configurations. Whether it’s a thermoformed inner wheel liner for the Bison Chevy Colorado line of pickup trucks or a hydroponic growing chamber for an agricultural facility, our thermoforming and custom production methods allow us to finish projects for any industry.
Northern Plastics has completed custom plastic thermoforming projects for the following industries:
- Civil/Government Organizations
- Medical and Pharmaceutical
- Signage and Displays
With advanced trim and fabrication methods and over 35 years of experience in the industry, Northern Plastics has the resources to carry out even your most complex project. Our clients turn to us for a complete turnkey service — combining thermoforming and die cutting capabilities, plus secondary operations in assembly, bonding and welding.
Northern Plastics is ISO 9001:2015 certified and has met the tightest tolerances and requirements, including IMDS and level-3 PPAP standards.
Visit our project gallery to view more of our CNC routing work. Ready to start your next project? Submit an RFQ to our team today, and we’ll be in touch shortly!